Thursday, May 13, 2010

Beach girl


Last week I posted a teaser about my summer at the beach. Today I know more about it.

My employer is temporarily assigning me to help out at another department that operates a recreational property on the beach in Santa Monica. I'll be working everyday in an office just steps off the sand, looking out on the Pacific Ocean.

Guess which window is my office?

I'll be starting there in about two weeks, and will be there through Labor Day. I've already been given helpful hints about working at the beach - a straw hat, a sweater in case the fog comes in, sun-screen and sunglasses. Because the property is large and I'll spend a lot of time on my feet, comfortable shoes.


Help me prepare for my summer - what would you do if you worked at the beach?

9 comments:

Ash said...

can i get your job? ;)

~ash's mum

MAYBELLINE said...

I would lose weight.

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Hi,
cosa farei se lavorassi vicino alla spiaggia ?
Mha, non so, forse sbrigherei piĆ¹ velocemente possibile, il mio lavoro, per godermi della spiaggia e del sole ?
Libro, occhiali, cappello e asciugamano...
eppoi bagni, bagni e tanti bagni nell'oceano...

Beverly said...

Ah, life is good, isn't it?!

I've missed your pinks. Are you getting ready for our second birthday?

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I would want to BIKE! And try volleyball. hey, didja get my email and pics?

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you :)
Pretty hats. So you can look lovely as you keep the sun from your eyes. Make sure you like how your sunscreen smells. I think that is vital! I hate when mine smells funny! : )

Can't wait to hear of your adventures.

Gilly said...

Gallons of sun screen (about a 50!) and A VERY big hat!

Have a wonderful time!

Thinks..... Is your sand easy to walk on? Sometimes, in some places, ours is so soft it is very hard work, especially on the calf muscles !

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

I'd put white stuff on my nose.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I'm green with envy!
Big floppy hats and plenty of sunscreen.