Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Surf school

The sun came out this week, and it's a fine, bright day at the beach. All along the sand canopies of surf schools are hung with towels and drying wet-suits that flap in the breeze.

Kneeling in the sand as the wave that brought him ashore recedes.

He carries his surfboard back to the group

The kids have dragged their boards down to the hard-packed wet sand, where they dig holes for the water to fill. Then it's time to go back into the waves.

Click to "embiggen" for all photos.

6 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I wish I was at the beach. How cold is that water?
~

Blondie's Journal said...

Neat pictures. I always thought surfing was so difficult to do. Now at least I know you can get lessons! But I am still afraid! ;-D

xoxo
Jane

Glennis said...

Thunder - it's cold enough serious swimmers and surfers wear wetsuits if they're going to be out there long - but of course that's also all about being cool, too. It's colder than the Atlantic.

Gilly said...

Now that's what I call a beach! Looks wonderful, and such a gorgeous colour of the sea!

shrink on the couch said...

So beautiful. I want to be on that beach NOW. I'll hopefully get some much missed beach time soon - but on the opposite coast. No surf boarding, but body surfing - YES.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I miss the beach. Of course, I am much more familiar with the Washington Coast, but any Pacific Ocean beach makes me happy.