Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thematic Photographic - Sepia

"Thematic Photographic" - Carmi at the blog Written, Inc. presents a weekly themed photographic challenge. This week's theme is SEPIA.

Sepia is a brownish pigment made from the ink of the cuttlefish, or squid. It was used as ink for drawing, but also as a toner in early photographic processing. It gives a mellow, warm and evocative tone to images.

Check in and see who else contributes photos based on this idea.

Looking through a box of old photographs at the Vernaison Marche in Paris, I came on this sepia-toned photograph of a dancer.

4 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I love that car wash sign.
~

Sue said...

Of course you had the perfect photo for this theme!

Anonymous said...

I don't know which sign I loved better: the elephant car wash or the big pink toe truck!

I'm going to win if I'm ever asked a question about the origin of sepia, thanks to the past week of T.P. :)

carmilevy said...

I've always loved the meta photo - a photo of a photo - because it tells two stories on two separate levels.

I find myself wondering who she is, what her story is, and what happened to her. What a delight you've chosen to share with us! I love how you take themes and make them your own!