Wednesday, October 5, 2011

White-knuckle driving

It's the first storm of autumn.

This morning around 4:00 am turning sleepily over in bed I heard the first drops of rain hitting out roof. By 7:00 am, and time for Jack's morning walk, it was pouring.

Jack didn't much like walking in it, and neither did I. We both went back in the house - me to a hot shower and Jack to curl up on his dog bed.

Traffic on the "S" curves was moving but cautious, as everyone splashed through sheets of water crossing the road, and watched out for rocks tumbling from the cliffs.

I waited until I was at the bottom of the hill and stopped at the light to take these photos. Everyone stay safe out there!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Ah, the adventure that is Los Angeles when it rains.

Lucky for me I'm off work today, so all I've got to do is go to the gym - and I can walk there.

Hope you're okay in the wet with the crazy drivers!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Ahh you've reminded me I need to get new wiper blades. They're almost worthless now, but I only remember when I'm in the car and it's raining.
~

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Here in the NY metro area, today was the first completely sunny day in almost a week.

Cloudia said...

glad you arrived safely



Warm Aloha from Honolulu;

Comfort Spiral



(*)>
/ )
/"



> < } } ( ° >

><}}(°>