Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Morning drive

Click to "embiggen"
I've been unadventurous lately. Work, weather, and other annoyances have kept me in the office or at home mostly for the last couple of weeks.

When you just shuttle from work to home each day, it begins to feel like you're just running on a treadmill.

But oh, some treadmills are prettier than others! This morning the sky was so clear after yesterday's rain. Here's the view from stalled traffic today.

That bump on the horizon to the left is the Palos Verde Peninsula. The smaller, fainter bump in the center is Catalina Island.

Here, as the road curves, you can smell the salt of the waves on the sand. Not a bad drive to work, is it?

4 comments:

Max Sartin said...

Beautiful drive to work! Thanks for the peek into your commute.

Sue said...

Not a bad drive at all. Maybe you should stop and take a walk on the beach! Sounds like a perfect place to clear your thoughts!

Anonymous said...

I hate traffic, but I guess I wouldn't mind having to stop if I could admire that view! Unless of course, I needed to pee...

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

My blog would be nothing but pictures of the ocean. (Which might be an improvement, by the way.)
~