Monday, September 24, 2012

Terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day


Angel atop San Stae church in Venice. With bird
Sometimes you can't avoid the pooping seagull.

A co-worker is out sick. Another co-worker has had a huge workload dumped on her with a deadline of - tomorrow! Another co-worker is taking weekday time off because she worked over the weekend. Another co-worker is preparing for a prolonged leave, and needs to pass on important information about her duties - which means meetings and lots of note-taking.

It's me, and the phone ringing and the doorbell sounding. It's me trying to remember how to use our institution's financial software - which is usually co-worker A's job - and I've screwed it up and have to figure out how to fix it. It's me routing co-worker B's documents for signature while she's embargoed with her deadline. It's me sending off email inquiries with no response. It's me writing to-do lists. It's me opening mail, locking up at night, and eating lunch at my desk. And my sandwich was stale!

I'm probably exaggerating, but this is how I feel today, with a seagull pooping on my head.

UPDATE: I also just barely avoided flooding my kitchen when I left the tap on while soaking a pot. Thank you, Kohler, for a smart sink design that routes overflow into the other basin's drain. But what of our water bill? Sigh.

5 comments:

smalltownme said...

And it's only Monday. I am so sorry!

Alexia said...

My good ness. What on earth are they going to do without you???

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Wine, wine, wine... and that's advice, not a complaint on my part!!
I'm sorry you had a crappy day.

And I know how easy it is to leave a faucet running... glad it didn't overflow all over your new floors!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

When life gives you seagull poop...
~

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Ugh! Hang in there. Hope things are better and less poopy today.