Saturday, October 20, 2012

Weekend update


I should explain why I haven't been posting as much lately. I've joined a writing group, and I've been spending a lot of time on my assignments. It's a three-session group; last weekend was the first session, and I'm about to attend the second one. I've already submitted my piece for today's session by email.

The teacher, or leader - it's kind of hard to figure out what the hierarchy is - is a noted local newspaper columnist, now retired. The group is small, yet diverse. People are working on fiction, non-fiction, memoirs - a variety of works.

If I like it and find it useful, I can sign up to continue on. To be totally honest here, I'm not really sure whether I like it and find it useful - but I'm certainly going to participate in the first three sessions enthusiastically.

So - pardon the temporary light posting. And maybe I'll share some things later.

5 comments:

Kizz said...

Three sessions seems like a fair amount to decide if it's your thing or not.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

You ARE always entertaining and delightful! Good luck with the workshop.

Anonymous said...

The peonies are beautiful. And are you writing with Al Martinez? (Jack Smith is dead, and Almer is the only name that springs to mind.)
Jenny

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

I hear you, Aunt Snow. My workload is what's got my posting schedule in disarray.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I wish I could blame my own absences of late on a writing course -- that sounds fabulous! Enjoy the process, and YES, you are entertaining and delightful. :)