Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Breakfast at Bob's


It's nice to have a daily routine, and when you change jobs - and work locations - it takes a little while to get into the groove.

On my new commute, I pass a neighborhood grocery store on Ocean Park Boulevard, Bob's Market, and it's become a good place to stop on my way in if I need something to augment the lunch I packed at home.

It's a cheerful place, with brightly colored coin-operated ride toys at the front door. Tom the cat on a motorcycle! While I never see anyone riding them, they look cute. Kids from the nearby middle school come here in the afternoon for snacks.

They have a good sandwich counter, nice produce section, and a case with pre-packaged healthy lunch things like quinoa salads, wraps and sushi.  I haven't ordered a sandwich yet, but maybe some morning I'll make the time.

What I usually do is grab something for breakfast. I bought a box of granola that I keep in my desk drawer, and swing by Bob's for a container of yogurt or some juice. 

At 7:30 in the morning, the place is humming with workers stocking the shelves and the deli-men preparing for a later rush of customers. The cashiers are sweet and friendly. It's a good thing, breakfast at Bob's.

2 comments:

smalltownme said...

So you've got your groove on now!

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

I've got a go-to supermarket near work. I love the staff. Last spring, the manager was positively beaming when he told me about the various colleges his cashiers had been accepted to.