Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Blue, blue, my world is blue


 Today my friend Krenkel took me blueberry picking out on her family property in Picayune, Mississippi. When we pulled up to the place, her beautiful blue-eyed white cat meowed to greet us. His name is Blue.


It was hot and sweaty, and we needed Cutters to ward off the mosquitoes. But we settled into our work, along with her smart little grandson, Jason.  The ripe berries just fall away from the stem right into your hand, leaving the beautiful rosy-pink unripe berries to ripen later.


I came home with enough blueberries to freeze 16 cups; along with two and a half pints in the fridge!!!  What to do with them? Berries with my breakfast; blueberry pies, blueberry scones, blue berry clafouti?

She also cut me some of her beautiful hydrangeas.


Blue, blue, my world is blue!

1 comment:

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!
Blueberry pancakes? (Although huckleberries are the Thing for pancakes around here)
I'd probably just freeze them in small batches. They are delicious when frozen.