Sunday, June 12, 2016

Hot tomatoes in the kitchen!


I came home from the Creole Tomato Festival with a bag of nice plump tomatoes, and I had to figure out what to do with them.

This morning, I had scrambled eggs with tomatoes and onions. I sprinkled a little cotija cheese on them. too.

Crumbly, salty cotija cheese
I used only half a tomato for my breakfast, so I added another tomato to the other half and made a tomato salsa.


On my kitchen counter, I had a mango and some fresh jalapeno chiles my friend Krenkel had given me from her garden. They'd been sitting on my counter long enough to get ripe. I ch

Chopped up the mango and two of the chiles, and diced up some red onion. I squeezed the juice of one lime into the mixture.

I didn't have any cilantro, but I do have a nice basil plant growing in pot outside my door. So I added some fresh chopped basil to the salsa.


Good - and pretty. Pretty good!

1 comment: